Effective firefighting requires trusted breathing protection in the harshest environments. The Dräger PSS® 5000 provides the budget-conscious fire department with an ergonomically advanced SCBA. With a wide range of features – such as bi-lateral hose routing and cylinder Quick Connection – the PSS® 5000 meets the needs for today’s complex fire grounds.
The Dräger PSS 5000 SCBA is designed to withstand the high wear and tear that firefighters face daily – while providing an enhanced level of comfort and functionality. Made of tough chloroprene rubber material and Aramid-blend webbing, the PSS 5000 harness is ideally suited for extended wear and frequent use. The flexible harness connects to a lightweight, stable back plate, while the waist belt pivots to reduce pressure on the wearer.
The following features keep Dräger PSS 5000 downtime and maintenance costs to a minimum:
- Innovative slide-and-lock mechanism for fast and easy harness assembly and disassembly
- Harness detaches from the backplate without the use of tools
- First stage reducer snap-fit connection allows pneumatics to be fitted or removed quickly and easily
- Hose clips push in and out to allow swift removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning
- Chemical-resistant harness and waist belt design prevent excessive water absorption and reduce cleaning and drying time
- Standard AA batteries, no manufacturer-required overhaul, and few replacement parts contribute to a lower total cost of ownership over the life of the SCBA